Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Fashion | A great shopping experience: Christmas Shopping At Scotch & Soda


Aaah yes, December, that wonderful time of the year when everyone goes shopping crazy for the holidays. I personally tend to do my christmas shopping after my exams, whenever I'm finished and have some time to kill before having to catch a bus. In my house, we usually fish a name out of a hat and get a present for that person only, which makes it easier for a big family with mostly children. Today's story is not me looking for a present, but me witnessing a wonderful christmas miracle! 

The brand Scotch & Soda opened a store in my small town not that long ago, that actually made a lot of noise: It's in a church, which left most of us curious and waiting to see the result. Unfortunately, I had forgotten about it until very recently, when I went to have a look inside, fell in love with a pricy coat and never went back. It was only last week, when my mother and I went christmas shopping for my father, that I went back. (Disclaimer: my father is a hard person to shop for. His hobby doesn't make it easy to find anything within a reasonable price range, and he either gets coffee mugs or socks. ) 

Anyway, I suggested that we go inside, at first to show her what they made of the inside of the church (the store was made beautifully, I'm so sad I don't have pictures!) but not to shop. What a surprise! We found everything we were looking for & more. 

I'd like to thank both women who took care of us, although they'll probably never read this, for such good advice and a polite and welcoming attitude that surprised me. The store can have an Abercrombie feel to it, with the perfume filling the air and everyone working there being as stylish as possible. 

We bought my father's present, clothes of course, and both my mother and I are determined to go back whenever we need something new for him. I'm personally going back for the perfume and to shop for myself. Overall, I was surprised by how pleasant everything was compared to what my mind had made of the place. 

Also check out the clothes, they have some amazing pieces! 

Xélia

No comments:

Post a Comment